2021 is the year we celebrate our 150th anniversary. That’s a lot of tyres – and covers almost the entire history of tyre technology. For 150 years now, we’ve not only been passionate about tyres, we’ve also checked off plenty of technological milestones – always looking to change the world, one tyre at a time:
- We invented the first sustainable tyre.
- We developed the first road tyre approved for up to 223mph or 360 km/h.
- We were the first German company to bring the cord tyre to market – to name just a few of our achievements.
On the truck tyre front:
- We built the first fully integrated factory for retreading tyres and recycling rubber.
- We created intelligent truck tyres with pre-mounted sensors.
- We developed fleet monitoring data systems such as ContiConnect™ to offer you real-time status updates on tyre-related issues, such as breakdowns out on the road.
But what did fleet management and the road transportation sector look like in times gone by? It was not until the 1930s that long-distance road haulage took on greater importance.