By participating in this promotion you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
Promoter: Squawka Ltd and Continental Tyre Group Ltd. 191 High Street, Yiewsley, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 7XW. Please do not send entries to this address.
1. Promotion open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents, aged 18 years old or over on 20 June 2016. Employees and the immediate families of Squawka Ltd and Continental Tyre Group Ltd (together “the Promoter”), retailers, their agents, anyone professionally connected with the promotion are not eligible to enter this promotion.
2. Entry to this promotion requires the entrant/s to have a personal, valid and current Twitter account.
3. Maximum five entries per person. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details will be disqualified from this promotion. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void. If any entrant creates numerous Twitter accounts in order to enter the Promotion more than once, they will be disqualified.
4. The promotion runs on 20 June 2016 from 12:00:00 to 20:45:00 only.
How to enter:
5. Online entry only at http://twitter.com/Squawka or http://twitter.com/ContiUK
6. The competition will entail the user entering the requested information and answer the question specified by the Promoter.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to change the question up until kick-off.
8. All correct answers will be entered into the appropriate draw. In cases where no correct answers are received, the nearest to the correct answer will win, if this is a tie those entries will be entered into the draw.
9. All final statistics include the whole match including injury time, any period of extra time and penalty shoot-outs.
10. Entrants must contain #ContiQuiz and your answer.
11. Entrants must follow @Squawka on http://www.twitter.com.
12. Entrants must follow @ContiUK on http://www.twitter.com.
13. There will be one (1) individual prize to be won each consisting of one pair of tickets to The UEFA EURO 2016™ Final at the Saint-Denis Stade de France, Paris on 10 July 2016. Travel dates are 10 July 2016 to 11 July 2016. The prize includes flights to Paris CDG Airport from London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5, transfers within Paris and one night overnight accommodation. The prize does not include any transfers to and from the event in the UK. The prize is not cashable or refundable.
14. Winners will be selected at random under the supervision of an independent observer. One pair of tickets per competition winner.
15. The winners will be contacted by Squawka Ltd by direct message on http://www.twitter.com within 48 hours of the draw. In the event the claim for a prize is not received by the Promoter within 48 hours of such notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original. No responsibility can be taken for claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
16. The winner must be over the age of 18 and have a valid British or Republic of Ireland Passport. The winner must be able to provide proof of age, citizenship and a photocopy of their passport to qualify as a valid entrant. If the winner does not qualify as a valid entrant then an alternative winner will be selected instead.
17. When entering the competition you acknowledge that your Tweet entry, Name and Twitter handle will have been made available to the Promoter. All personal data will be held and be used by the Promoter in accordance with the Promoter’s privacy policies (which are outlined at http://www.squawka.com/privacy-policy and http://www.continental-tyres.co.uk/car/legal.
18. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You are providing your information to the Promoters, not Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for the promotion. By entering the promotion all participants accept that they have no claim against Twitter whatsoever.
19. No cash alternative is available in whole or in part except, in the event of circumstances outside its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winners. The Promoter will not be liable for any cancellations, alterations or modifications to the promotion as detailed above or the prizes for any reason which falls outside its reasonable control.
20. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this draw.
21. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions , at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
22. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion or disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
23. Acceptance of the prize authorises the Promoter to publish the name of the winners and counties and the winners are consenting to having publicity photographs and/or video images taken of them for use by the Promoter and Continental Tyre Group. Where consent is not provided, or where a winner does not wish to accept the prize, an alternative winner will be selected instead.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with their obligations where the failure is caused by something outside their reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prize. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of the promoter Limited for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
26. Full names and counties of winners will be available on request for a period of 3 months following the closing date by sending a self-addressed envelope to Continental Campaign Office, Stream Ltd, 66-68 Chapel Street, Marlow, Bucks. SL7 1DE.
27. The Promoter's decision is final regarding the choice of winners.
28. Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions, or where entrants are found to be abusing the promotion in any way, will result in the disqualification of all relevant entries.
29. The Promoter’s decision is final in relation to all promotional matters.
30. The Promoter retains the right to decide the final stats outcome in accordance with the Opta Disclaimer. 1.
31. Contrary to a lot of sites, Squawka calculate possession by working out how long each team has the ball in possession. Squawka start the timer on the first of two consecutive passes, a keeper picking-up the ball or a keeper smothering the ball. The timer runs for the duration of successful passing events in the string. The string is ended if the ball goes out of play or possession is lost. This is then totalled and the respective percentage is calculated for each team. The total possession percentage is worked out by summing the total minutes in possession of both teams, then dividing the total minutes in position of each team by total possession minutes. Read more - http://www.squawka.com/football-stats-definitions.
32. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
The statistics that choose the winners in each of the Competitions are based on data received from Opta Sports. All Customers participating in the Competition recognise that the data feeds may contain and be subject to human error, which may in turn affect the outcome of the Competitions. By participating in the Competition, all Customers accept that it is possible for the statistics to contain inaccuracies. Statistics will be final and locked in based on updated data provided by Opta Sports. In some cases, Squawka may have a different interpretation of the data that Opta provides than Opta themselves. In this case Squawka may process the raw Opta data feed in a different way to Opta themselves, meaning that certain Statistics may be different.