All competitors must read the following information
CAMPING is free and available from 08:00AM Friday through till Sunday night inclusive.
There will be an area for soloists to camp & park close to the start/finish. Team camping will be in the fields either side of the arena. Please be considerate and do not tape off unnecessarily large areas.
The campsites will be vehicle free zones only caravans & camper vans will be permitted to park within the campsites during the event. You are asked to park all other vehicles in the parking areas allocated to each campsite once you have unloaded your weekend requirements. You will still be able to access your vehicle during the event should you need to. There will be parking for day visitors/spectators in the field opposite the main event site entrance.
Caravans and motorhomes
Please be aware there are no electricity hook ups so please come prepared with alternatives such as small generator (diesel only) for power or gas for cooking.
Please be considerate - only tape off the space you really need to camp. Remember that quiet time on the campsite is between 23:00PM and 7:00AM
Further camping/parking information and outline site map will be sent to competitors prior to the event.
Facilities brought onto the site include shower and toilet units. Portable toilets will remain in situ until 09.00AM Monday.
Barbeques are welcome – but they must be raised off the ground. NO digging of fire pits or open fires is permitted.
Responsible owners are welcome to bring well behaved dogs. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and you must clean up after your dog.
Catton Park is a working farm so if walking your dog you must remain within the campsites and arena fields only. Please do not walk the course with you dog to avoid disturbing livestock and animals in other areas of the park.
Please ensure that you remove all tent pegs when you break camp as equestrian events are also held at the venue. Also take extreme care with glass and bottles and make sure your pitch is free of litter when you leave.
Parking and Camping
- Around the first week of July 2019, Team Captains and solo runners will receive - by email - a Camping & Parking Voucher. Captains please note all drivers for your team will need a copy.
- Each team member bringing a vehicle will need to print off and fill in a voucher to be presented when you arrive at the event.
- On arrival display voucher clearly on your dashboard. Staff at the main gate will direct you to the campsite
- This year the location will open at 8:00AM Friday 20th July 2018.
- Once on the campsite drivers will have to unload their camping equipment etc. and then park their vehicle in the allocated parking area. Please follow instructions from parking staff.
- The first team member to arrive is welcome to mark out a space for the team. Please be considerate and do not tape off unnecessarily vast areas. It is down to team mates to communicate regarding meeting up on site.
- Campervans and caravans ONLY are permitted to park within the camp sites. (This does not include trucks or cars that people have decided to sleep in.) Once you’ve unhitched your caravan please park the car in the car park.
- A very small minority of people have been ‘abandoning’ their cars a distance from their own tent on site. This will not be tolerated these cars will be removed.
- Solo runners are permitted to park within the solo camp site but their supporters vehicles should be parked in car park B or day parking.
- After race start at midday Saturday vehicle movement will be restricted on the event site. Any late arrivals must park in Car Park A/day parking area as cars will not be allowed into the event site again until 11:00AM on Sunday. Also, if runners need to leave the event before race end they can then park in Car Park A only on their return.
- Please respect others staying on site and adhere to the quiet time on the campsite which is 23:00PM till 7:00AM.
- To help avoid congestion after race end, pack up all camping gear in readiness before bringing cars back onto the campsite to pick up.